This woodwind is no longer for sale (sold on 2010-01-23)
Price : US $405.00
I bought this from a fellow about 30 years ago and has been in storage the whole time. This didgeridoo is 51.5'' long. It has six hand carved animals and three types of animals on this didgeridoo. There is a long tailed bird, lizard and what appears to be a pre-historic fish carved on this piece. I was told that this didgeridoo was carved back in the 1800's and by appearence it is agreeable. But you are the final decider. There are three aprx. 4''-6'' seperations, two being real slight where this piece was put together. I have other close up pictures of the hand carved animals upon request. More modern didgeridoo start at around $380, but I am starting bidding at $300 with no reserve.
10 DIDGERIDOO FACTS
1. Possibly the world's oldest musical instrument
2. A wind instrument originally found in Arnhem Land, Northern Australia.
3. Is made from limbs and tree trunks hollowed out by termites (insects).
4. Is cut to an average length of 1.3 metres and cleaned out with a stick. or hot coals.
5. Was used as an accompaniment to chants and songs.
6. Produces a low-pitch, resonant sound with complex rhythmic patterns.
7. In sure tribal groups only played by men but in most groups by men, women and children.
8. Traditional various forms at the didjeridoo where found in Central Australia around Alice Springs.
9. The Didgeridoo is the sound of Australia.
10.If the earth had a voice it would b
This woodwind is sold (sold on 2010-01-23)
Post a comment on ANCIENT DIDGERIDOO :